Friday, September 14, 2012

Some Heart Changes

Well a majority of you know that I was planning on going into nursing with the transfer to Old Dominion University. It's a great profession. Great hours. Great pay. Great way to serve and help people. All things that are nice to have when planning a future.  And as much as I could see myself doing this, there is a part of my heart that feels as if there is a missing piece to this plan of mine.

With that said, I have always wanted to go to a Bible school....something like YWAM (youth with a mission). Our youth group once did the summer program at Tyler, TX and I loved it and my brother (Chris) spent a couple years with YWAM as well, so I'm familiar with how the school works. I never really nurtured the thought of actually going, but with some changes that have occurred recently in my life I feel like this is a prime time to rekindle the desire to go to a DTS (discipleship training school) at a YWAM campus.

Life never seems to slow down, but for me...this time I now have seems opportune for me to take.
It's scary to say the least, but I have a peace about the decision.

I'm still looking into a couple different schools....mainly away from North America. I mean, why not see some of the world while I'm at it right?!

So instead of applying for nursing school this coming Feb '13, I'm going to take some time off from school and work. Try to save some money and get redirected in what God wants me to do with my life and passions.

Exciting and Scary changes, but I'm looking forward to what will all come about! :)

"For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11   <<< that's ma verse!




3 comments:

  1. Wow. That is quite a change! I will be praying for you as you seek after what God has for you! Also, yay for traveling the world and serving! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! Also... nice letters! What group is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a beautiful person, Rebecca. Certainly, you can never go wrong serving the Lord in some special way. You're in a delicate time of life, a time for setting the direction of your entire adult life. It's much easier to do your college now than when you have a baby, a mortgage, or a rent to pay. I hope you'll remember that life is hard for most people, and most Christians in history have pursued their passions in life, not in their careers, but in their avocations, in what they do in their ordinary routines and in their discretionary time. A career like nursing (and not very many others) will meet your financial needs very nicely with only three days of work (12-hour shifts)per week--leaving you lots of time for "life." The first thing you have to do in life is "earn your bread by the sweat of your brow." If you survive another day, you can also do something MORE than survive. On the other hand, if you can think of a better way to survive than through nursing, I think you should definitely go for it. And remember,too, the devil's word to us is often, "Flee! Cut your losses and run! You've got to get out of here!" while God's word usually sounds like, "Stand fast. Don't be afraid. I've got you." Have a great and meaningful YWAM experience!

    ReplyDelete