Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Good 'ol' West

So this summer Rachel and I didn't think we were going to be able to visit our family in the midwest. Our Auntie (aunt colleen) lives in Minnesota, our Aunt Amanda lives in North Dakota, and the rest of our family lives in South Dakota.
            We basically make a triangle.
Luckily, we were able to find cheap plane tickets. The scoop: Auntie had to drive three hours to pick us up from the airport. But in order for Rachel and I to come Auntie "hired" us to work for her business, Apex that her and her friend, Lisa, started this year. For two week we painted, cleaned, and cleaned some more. Though we were putting in 8 to 10 hour days, the time was enjoyable and we were able to see family.
 I would (and I'm sure I can vouch for rachel too) do it all over again. There's nothing quite like seeing family. So now we're in South Dakota with the rest of our family and Auntie got to come too. It's just like when we lived here 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I'm glad for the time I have with them, even if it is for a short while and I'm working the whole time.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time, but I am glad you are coming back home! I missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad too! And I missed you too! Only 2 more days! ....and then only 2 weeks before school ohhh goodness!

    ReplyDelete